I recently discovered a lovely breakfast idea within the pages of ‘eat smart’ by youtuber Niomi Smart. They were beautiful if a little time consuming, so ideally I would keep them as a treat for the weekend breakfast.
You will need:
150g / 1½ cups Rolled Oats (Porridge oats)
2 Ripe Bananas
185ml / 1¼ cups of unsweetened almond milk (I also use this in my tea)
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
25g / ¼ desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
Handful of Raspberries – ideally freshly picked from the garden
Squeeze of lemon juice
How to Cook
* Make the mango sauce by slicing it into chunks and put into a blender with ¼ / 60ml of water and lemon juice, I use a NutriBullet. When finished, place in the fridge until needed later.
* Put the oats into the blender/nutribullet until fine then put to one side.
* Blend the bananas, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract until nice and smooth. Then add the oats, bicarbonate of soda and whiz again until smooth. Gently spoon in the desiccated coconut.
* On the cooker add some of the coconut oil into a pan and melt over a medium heat. As with pancakes, wait until the pan is hot enough then add the mixture. Rather than the traditional large thin pancakes, I make them more like palm size pancakes. When cooked, flip over and continue cooking. When cooked put onto a plate.
* Drizzle a little mango sauce over the pancakes and decorate with some raspberries, ideally picked straight from the garden.
Niomi has made a video of her making this, check it out by clicking here.